The Dennehy Lab is actively seeking graduate students. Masters students matriculate through Queens College. Queens College also supports PhD students matriculating through the Graduate School of the City University of New York. The CUNY Graduate Center will provide the first year of support for incoming PhD students, after which the mentor and campus become responsible for financial support. Incoming students will be offered guaranteed 5-year financial support packages including $30,000 stipend, a tuition waiver and health insurance.
Empire State Building as seen from the CUNY Grad Center
If you think you might like to join my research group as a graduate student ...
- Explore this web site to see what sorts of research we are doing
- Read some of our recent papers (download PDFs here)
- Check what current and past students are doing
Most importantly - Send me an email and include the following information:
- A short statement about how your interests might fit with ours
- A brief summary of your previous research experience
- Your college or university degree, GPA, GRE scores and unofficial transcript
- A list of individuals you plan to use as references
- Anything else you might like me to know about you
I will respond so we can talk about applying to graduate school at CUNY and what is best for your particular case.
To follow through ...
- Submit a full application to the CUNY Graduate School as soon as possible (by January 1 at the latest).
- Mention your interest in my group on your application
- Plan to visit ... so we (you, me, my research group, and other interested faculty and students) can get to know each other and discuss possible graduate projects